Click the title above for recent Colorado advances in Education, Healthcare, and Affordable Housing, sponsored by your Democratic congressperson.
Click on Bill for complete information or Rep name for more sponsorships.
- Law to prevent student loan excesses by ensuring lenders are qualified. SB19-002, “Regulate Student Loan Servicers”, Faith Winter, Senate District 24.
- Law to facilitate student nutrition – extending no-charge public school lunch program to include grades 9 to 12. HB19-1171, ‘Expanded Child Nutrition School Lunch Protection Act”, Dafna Michaelson Jenet, House District 30.
- Law to ensure qualifying disadvantaged / minority students are automatically placed in advanced courses. SB19-059, “Automatic Enrollment in Advanced Course Grant Program”, Dominick Moreno, Senate District 21.
- Law to shift healthcare expenses toward primary care providers, reducing overall costs and improving outcomes. Modeled on proven statewide program in Rhode Island. HB 19-1233, “investment in Primary Care to Reduce Health Costs”, Yadira Caraveo, House District 31; Dominick Moreno, Senate District 21.
- Law to broaden available healthcare providers for Workers’s Compensation cases. HB19-1105, “ Nurse Practitioners Worker’s Compensation Benefit”, Kyle Mullica, House District 34; Faith Winter, Senate District 24.
- Law to extend health insurance coverage to enable follow-up breast imaging needed per care provider recommendations and professional guidelines. HB19-1301, “Health Insurance for Breast Imaging”, Dafna Michaelson Jenet, House District 30.
- Law promotes affordable housing by incentivizing developers and identifying potentially available state-owned properties for use. HB19-1319, “Incentives Developers to Facilitate Affordable Housing”, Shannon Bird, House District 35; Faith Winter, Senate District 24.